Biting & Stinging Insects
Mosquitoes, fleas, ticks, wasps--Florida is crawling with biting and stinging insects, and most of us have been bitten or stung at some point. Whether you want to identify an insect or learn how to protect yourself outdoors, we have the information you need.
- Biting and Stinging Insects--Featured Creatures, Department of Entomology and Nematology
- Bothersome, Biting, and Stinging Organisms--IPM Florida
- Stinging or Venomous Insects and Related Pests
- Biting Flies
- Deer Flies, Yellow Flies, and Horse Flies
- Fire Ants
- Fleas and Ticks
- Lice and Bedbugs
- Mites that Attack Humans
- Wasps and Bees
- Diseases Carried by Fleas and Ticks
- Insect- and Arthropod-related Diseases--CDC
- Mosquito-borne Diseases
To find out about controlling pests in and around your home, see Housing: Pest Control.
For information about pests commonly found in Florida yards, see Lawn & Garden: Problems.
For more general information about Florida pest control, visit the following sites:
- Entomology and Nematology Department
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Florida
- Pesticide Information Office