With fall’s arrival, it’s the perfect opportunity for you to be more eco-friendly in your home and in your daily routine. Use the following tips to make your fall more sustainable.
- Take advantage of the weather and reduce your car usage by walking or riding a bike to school, to work, or to run errands.
- Turn off the air conditioner, and open up the windows to let some cool breezes into your home.
- When raking and cleaning fallen leaves and yard wastes, add them to your compost—not to a landfill.
- During fall cleaning, use the least-hazardous cleaning products, donate old clothes, recycle, and eCycle.
- With the holidays approaching, reuse boxes, bags, and other gift wrapping materials.
- Did you know new car fuel efficiency ratings come out in October? If you want to buy a new car, be sure to review the “cleaner” and “greener” vehicles beforehand.