What is FNP?
- FNP is the Family Nutrition Program
- FNP is a nutrition program which combines the efforts of two USDA programsâ€¦your local County Extension and Food Stamps
- FNP provides services to groups, individuals and families.Â
- Call today to ask about classes offered.
FNP can help you¦
- Use food budgeting and smart shopping practices to stretch your food money (like cash, food stamps and WIC checks)
- Give your family a healthier diet
- Improve your knowledge and skills in meal planning and preparation, smart shopping, food safety and sanitation
- Help you and your family learn how to balance food and physical activity
The Family Nutrition Program offers group classes as well as one-on-one classes for all ages. You are never too old or young to learn how to live a heathier lifestyle. Contact your Family Nutrition Program Assistant at your local Extension Office to set up a meeting or for nutrition information.
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) provides nutrition assistance to people with low income. It can help you buy nutritious foods for a better diet. To find out more, contact 1-866-762-2237.Â TTY/TTD/FRS dial 711. , or visit www.dcf.state.fl.us/ess. The material was funded by USDAâ€™s Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). The USDA and the University of Florida are equal opportunity providers and employers.