Be kind to the environment by using natural fertilizers and pesticides. You can even find uses for yard waste left over from pruning.
For more information about composting, organic gardening, and other topics, see Sustainable Living: Lawn & Garden.
- Fertilize Appropriately
- Manage Yard Pests Responsibly
- Manure as Fertilizer
- Natural Products for Insect Pest Management
- Organic Gardening Topics
- Producing Garden Vegetables with Organic Soil Amendments
- Recycle Yard Waste
- Reduce Stormwater Runoff
Other Sites & Publications
- Composting--Cornell University
- How to Maintain a Chemical-free Lawn--National Wildlife Federation
- Organic Pesticides and Biopesticides--Clemson University
>Return to Types of Gardens