Lawn & Garden
Florida gardening presents unique challenges, so we offer research-based assistance, information, and advice. Whether you are developing a vegetable garden, choosing landscape plants, or seeking information about lawn care, our resources will help you make your yard green and beautiful.
To find out what Extension services are available in your area or to get personal assistance, please contact your county Extension office.
If you'd like to start a community garden in your own town, get an information overview of the process. More...
The USDA Plant Hardiness Zones changed in 2012 — Did you update your garden planting choices? More...
People with allergies can suffer during springtime. Avoid pollen during this time with these suggestions. More...
Small farmers and home growers can consider pomegranate as an alternative crop in Florida. More...
Save rainwater to use during dry periods. The best part — rainwater isn't subject to watering restrictions. More...
Spring gardens are getting started. Find videos and tips on planting and caring for vegetables. More...
- Entomology and Nematology Department
- Environmental Horticulture Department
- Extension Soil Testing Laboratory
- FAWN: Florida Automated Weather Network
- Florida Master Gardener Program
- Florida Partnership for Water, Agriculture & Community Sustainability at Hastings
- Florida-Friendly Landscaping™
- Gardening in a Minute
- Horticultural Sciences Department
- IPM Florida
- Landscape Plants
- Living Green
- Pesticide Information Office
- Plant Pathology Department
- School Gardens
- Soil and Water Science Department
- Trees and Hurricanes